10 Ways To Boost Nitric Oxide Naturally
Nitric oxide (NO) is a gaseous signalling molecule found in the human body. This molecule appears by the oxidation of nitrogen, and it’s crucial for blood vessel health.
In much simpler terms, the goal of nitric oxide is to dilate blood vessels — which has a massive impact on circulation, muscle-building and overall longevity and quality of life. Men everywhere are just starting to catch on to how important healthy nitric oxide production is.
- Having healthy nitric oxide production will help you avoid cardiovascular diseases. The reason is because nitric oxide improves blood flow and dilates the vessels. A study done by Stanford University showed the significant role of NO in vascular health — by improving the flexibility of your blood vessels and expanding them for easier blood flow travel.
- Nitric oxide also helps cognitive development. It improves blood flow to the brain, which enhances memory, decision-making, clarity of thought, plus, you’ll avoid brain fog and afternoon crash that most men suffer from with age. According to a study done by the University of Madras, NO works as a neurotransmitter between the cell nerves, which is a crucial aspect of memory and learning process.
- If you’ve always wanted to grow a beard, more nitric oxide might help. Studies show that boosting nitric oxide production can increase hair growth — including the hair on your chinny, chin, chin.
- NO can boost the results from your workouts — particularly by boosting your energy levels, building muscle, and giving you a bigger pump. This boost happens because Nitric Oxide improves blood dilation and enhances proper blood flow to your muscles. (study, study). Getting a “pump” when you train is an important part of building muscle. And the more energy you have while you train, the better you’ll be able to push your body for more reps — which also improves muscle building and performance.
- Multiple studies show nitric oxide plays an influential role in boosting your erectile health. In fact, it’s been so effective at improving libido and erectile performance that it’s been used to treat erectile dysfunction successfully in men.
Nitric oxide is an important molecule that you need to stock up on if you’re going to perform your best at the gym, the office and in the bedroom.
However, the bad news is, studies show nitric oxide decreases anywhere between 60-85% less after you turn 40, which is why it’s no surprise some men feel like a shell of themselves as the years go by.
So keep reading — because for the rest of this important article, I’m going to show you the best ways to raise your NO levels naturally.
You can find this element in maritime pine bark. Pycnogenol helps to avoid cardiovascular diseases and has some anti-diabetic benefits. This study from the University Hospital Zürich, shows that Pycnogenol is significantly related to Nitric Oxide increase in the body. The results of the study displayed a significant improvement in the quality and duration of erections.
2. Eat Foods that Boost Nitric Oxide
You can’t technically ingest Nitric Oxide. But what you can do is eat foods that contain natural nitrates. These compounds will, later on, transform into nitrites in your mouth. After you swallow the food, the bacteria that live in your gut will convert them into Nitric Oxide. Some of the best foods to make it happen are spinach, carrots, beets, and cabbage.
3. Grape Seed Extract
One of the best reasons to utilize grape seed extract is because it increases testosterone levels. But there is also another point in favor of grape seed extract — it can help naturally boost nitric oxide production in your body.
Selçuk University did a study that proved that grape seed extract could increase Nitric Oxide levels up to 138%. This is great if you want to use this component for boosting your workout routine.
4. Vitamin C + Garlic
Vitamin C is known to increase levels of NO and protect the body from cardiovascular diseases. But why Garlic? This herb has high levels of nitrates which could, later on, turn into NO. Garlic is also known to be an excellent vasodilator in its own right. According to this study from Albany College of Pharmacy, the combination of them both is great for increasing nitric oxide levels. They even found out that a minimum daily intake of vitamin C and garlic can raise NO up to 200%.
Citrulline is a natural amino-acid that converts into L-Arginine (a building block of NO) once it enters your body. Later on, the nitric oxide synthase enzyme (eNOS) converts Arginine into Nitric Oxide.
One study published in the International Journal of Cardiology proved that Citrulline played such a significant role in increasing the levels of NO and improving blood vessel dilation that it’s being considered as a form of treatment for high blood pressure.
Several studies, like this one from the Hannover Medical School, proved that arginine is a natural NO increaser. Arginine is a “building block” of nitric oxide. Even though arginine isn’t as effective as citrulline, it’s still one of the “go-to” supplements for enhancing blood flow, so you can have plenty of energy during your workouts, boost your pump and see noticeable results in the mirror.
7. Korean Ginseng
Korean Ginseng is an efficient herb that has a few different perks for men — like raising testosterone levels and boosting nitric oxide in your body. Plus, it’s an excellent herb to improve circulation, help you fall asleep and stay asleep, and raise libido, too. This study from Chungnam National University shows Korean Ginseng can significantly increase nitric oxide levels.
Exercise is an excellent way to boost your nitric oxide levels. You don’t need to work out like a pro to boost your NO, either. Studies show that anything from walking to doing a little weight training can help. Plus, as you increase muscle size, your body directs more blood flow traffic throughout the body.
According to a study done by the University of Edinburgh, nitric oxide levels increase as soon as sunlight touches your skin. So simply spending time in the sun — going for a walk, doing yard work, going fishing — will not only help get you in a solid workout routine, but it’ll also improve your overall health.
10. Man greens
There are a lot of ways to boost nitric oxide levels.
And I get it if this list is a lot to keep track of. But I want to make it “set it and forget it simple” for you, so you can boost nitric oxide production and get all the life-enhancing benefits I mentioned at the top of this article without making a ton of changes to your day-to-day routine.
That’s why we added beetroot powder — a natural nitric oxide booster — into Man Greens.
All it takes is a few seconds, and you’ll load up on the nitric oxide you need to see impressive results without having to choke down a plate full of beets or chug beet juice.
So check out Man Greens HERE. You’ll be glad you did.
Leave a comment